Q: having wiring issues in relations to removing my cigarette lighter to install a usb cord

I'm in the process of removing my cigarette lighter to install a usb cable. I stripped the usb cord to expose the black and red wires, I stripped the wires that was connecting to the cigarette lighter. There was a total of 3 wires a black, pinkish and tannish color wire. I knew black on black for the ground, but for the life of me I can't find the power wire. I've attached the red usb wire to both the pink and tan wire but still no charge to my phone when hooking it up. I don't know how to connect the power wire.

3. having wiring issues in relations to removing my cigarette lighter to install a usb cord