Q: Serpentine Belt Keeps Breaking and want to know if the Tensioner pulleys could be the cause.

I've had my serpentine belt replaced twice in 6 months. Just recently when I had it replaced the second time I went to pick my car up. I went back in to ask a question and left my car running so the A/C could cool down the car. When I went back outside in about 4 minutes I noticed a sound. The belt they had just replaced was already starting to fray. I had the mechanic come back out and they verified everything was aligned correctly and they also checked when they took the belt off that there wasn't any notches or anything on the pulleys to cause that. So my question is since the Hybrid has two tensioners if one wasn't off would that cause the serpentine belt to do this?

Either the drive belt tensioner is binding or one of the pulleys are binding. Also, check the accessories for any binding. This is only the way the belt can break. If you still need help, I would have the problem scoped out once more in order to have the correct repair(s) made.

• Serpentine Belt Keeps Breaking and want to know if the Tensioner pulleys could be the cause.