Q: Have some burns in my headliner - is it something a novice can replace?

I had an old rechargeable battery explode in my cup holder, caused burns in my cup holder and sent sparks into my headliner. The damage is relatively small, but unsightly. I'm trying to understand my options.

If you think the headliner is in need of replacement then I would suggest having an automotive upholstery shop check to see if area can be fixed or entire headliner needs removed and material replaced over entire headliner. This requires a lot of work and work around airbags in the sides and do not recommend a novice try to do the work without training and knowledge of the work needed to disable airbags and remove seats and headliner assembly.

3. Have some burns in my headliner - is it something a novice can replace?