Q: What does the Autolamp function do?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the Autolamp function do?

Your car is equipped with an auto-off feature that turns the headlights off after a specific period of time. This is an important safety system that helps prevent the chance of leaving your headlights on and thereby draining your battery (and leaving you stranded and in need of a jump). You can change the duration of how long the lights stay on. Here’s how:

1. Press the Info button on the message center until you see “Autolamps (SEC).”

2. Press the Reset button and choose the delay you want. Your options are as follows:

• 0

• 10

• 20

• 30

• 60

• 90

• 120

• 180

Tips

• Your car is set by default to keep the headlights on for three minutes.

• The different durations are measured in seconds, with a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 180 seconds (three minutes).