Q: Hard starting

Hi Am Donald I own golf 5 trendline 2006 model struggle every time when I have to into the guy n go I have to switch ignition two or three times sometimes just once but it starts slow then pick to normal idling speed computer couldn't pick up what's wrong am frustrated plz help

Hello. This sounds like either fuel pressure is coming up to pressure too slowly, or the ignition switch contacts are worn, and don’t always make a connection. A fuel pump check valve which is not maintaining (some) fuel pressure as designed when the car is turned off, and will make the fuel pump run longer on the first start of the day. An ignition switch with burned contacts from years of use can make starting an iffy experience. If you would like to have this problem scoped out by an expert, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the hard starting problem.