Q: Input turbine sensor location? Forgot to change transmission fluid at 80000. Should I change transmisión fluid first?

Input turbine sensor code came on. I forgot to change transmission fluid at 80000 miles. Should I change the fluid first or change both?

This is a generic code for the input speed sensor located on your transmission. This code may be triggered for many reasons such as a defective input speed sensor, a faulty output speed sensor, a damaged, worn, or broken reluctor ring shaft, a bad transmission torque converter, loose, burned, or otherwise damaged wiring and/or connectors or a PCM failure or programming error. When this happens, you may notice harsh shifting or failing or intermittent speedometer operation or poor fuel efficiency due to inconsistent shifting points. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at this to properly diagnose this transmission issue and repair this.

• Input turbine sensor location? Forgot to change transmission fluid at 80000. Should I change transmisión fluid first?