Q: hard crank and smells like gas, spider injectors or mass flow

Hard crank and smells like gas should I replace the injectors or try changing the mass flow first

A: The fuel pressure may be leaking out of the...

The fuel pressure may be leaking out of the fuel spider pressure regulator if you are smelling fuel. You should check fuel pressure to see if it holds steady or drops to zero after key is turned off. The regulator may be leaking or an injector leaking. Replace the regulator if it can be replaced on your 2001 GMC Jimmy's spider-style system. If you'd like to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the vehicle's smell and cranking issue and let you know what repairs are necessary.