Q: Gear shift felt really loose, trouble shifting gears

Gear shift felt really loose, trouble shifting gears, finally turned out and now it won't turn back on. Is this a gear shift linkage issue?

Hi there:

Underneath the shifter there is a shim and bracket that tends to become loose overtime; especially with frequent use. If this bracket is loose it cause the shifting issue you’re having. The best advice we can offer is for you to contact a mobile mechanic and have them complete a car is hard to shift inspection; so they can determine what’s causing this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Gear shift felt really loose, trouble shifting gears