Q: Q: Fuel Problem

The engine cranks but does not appear to get fuel. I replaced the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump was replaced 4 years ago. I assume the fuel pump went bad but was wondering what else I might check before dropping the gas tank or paying someone to do this.

Thank you

The only thing to check would be to see if the engine is getting ignition spark to the spark plugs. If you are getting spark then test the fuel pressure at the engine test port to see if there is any pressure. Then open gas cap and have someone listen at tank opening while someone cycles the key to on several times with out trying to start the engine and listen to see if the pump can be heard. If the pump is not working then it is most likely bad and fuel pump and filter should be replaced. A mechanic from YourMechanic can come and perform these tests and others to confirm the fuel pump needs replaced.

3. Q: Fuel Problem