Put air intake on unhook battery overnight car won't star...

Put air intake on unhook battery overnight car won't start Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? No Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/mo...

Put air intake on unhook battery overnight car won't start Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? No Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 96 ford ranger 2.3 Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ranger? 1996 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes just starting Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Run great before adding air intake

Automotive Expert
Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I am an expert here, at Just Answer. I will assist you with your questions today. Does the truck crank and not start, or no crank and no start?

Crank no stareCrank not start
Automotive Expert
When you turn the key on, is there a theft light that is blinking rapidly?

Do not see one
Automotive Expert
Did you have to install the mass air flow sensor onto the cold air intake?
Automotive Expert
Are you sure it is installed correctly as the air needs to flow the correct way through it?

No
Automotive Expert
You should go back and make sure it is installed correctly. There should be an arrow on it for airflow direction.

Turn around still won't start
Automotive Expert
Ok. I didnt ask to flip it around. I asked to make sure the arrow is pointing the correct the way.

Arrow pointing to motor
Automotive Expert
Have you tried stepping on the gas while it is cranking?

Dose not help
Automotive Expert
There should be a theft light in the instrument cluster. what does it do when the key is turned on? copy and paste the link for the image of the cluster and theft light. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w9r3czxsl19ez6/2021-01-30\_10-17-36.png?dl=0

Little guy sitting with key is what shows
Automotive Expert
Ok. what does the light do when you turn the key on? IF you can not tell, then take a video of the instrument cluster while turning the key on and upload it here.

VZW: You have been sent a large media attachment. Tap the link below to view it. https://www.vzmessages.com/vl/5548f61f3abe5eab4c4a317a803f112f979f1b2d
Automotive Expert
Ok. I can hear the truck cranking but the image is not moving. The guy with the key image. **THis is important**. WHen you turn the key on, does the image of the key come on for 3 seconds and then turn off or does it blink rapidly?

Stays0Stays on until dingers stops go out
Automotive Expert
Ok. Have you checked all your work to check for any connectors that were left unplugged? Have you tried to go remove the intake and go back to the factory setup and see if it will start? Have you made sure that all the fuses under the hood are good and one is not blown by accident? If all that is ok you need to check the computer for any stored codes.

No codes. Put old system back on. Blown fuse #28- gem system. Still not starting
Automotive Expert
Ok. Now, you will need to make sure there is an rpm signal from the crank sensor. Check if the tach is moving when cranking the [engine](/topics-engine-ford/). Or use a scan tool and monitor rpms while cranking. You will want to make sure you have fuel pressure by installing a gauge on the engine. Make sure the [ignition coil](/topics-ignition-coil-ford/) is plugged in. Hopefully you didnt do anything like cross the battery terminals.

Dosen't have rpm gauge 20 miles from town to get toolsOnly took ground cable off
Automotive Expert
Ok. At this point you are going to start to need some tools. Try spraying some starting fluid into the engine and see if it attempts to run. Try disconnecting the MAF and see if it attempts to run.