Q: 99mazda626 2.0 auto trans car starts but won't move in any gear

Car starts but won't move in any gear code reads range sensor high

If the code is P0708, the causes might be a misadjusted transmission range sensor, a faulty transmission range sensor, or damaged or disconnected wiring that is associated with the transmission range sensor. The sensor should be tested prior to condemning it to avoid replacing a perfectly good part as well as misdiagnosing the underlying issue. If you desire a speedy resolution, please request a check engine light diagnostic and a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.