Q: Ford F-150 stalling out

2002 Ford 150. When sitting idle it often stalls. When driving it's fine. Ideas?

The most common issues I’ve experienced on these trucks are vacuum leaks. Either the pcv hose that connects into the back of the throttle body will develop a hole, or the hoses that run from the exhaust manifold to the DPFE will develop a hole. Both are extremely common, as they both see really high temps, and will deteriorate over time. It is possible there could be another problem, such as a failing ignition coil, faulty sensor, etc., but the vacuum leaks are by far the most common issue on these. If this is something you feel you could use a hand in identifying/repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com. They can come to your home, or place of business, and perform the work for you.

3. Ford F-150 stalling out