Q: Car turns over but shuts off after I release key

So I was driving a few days ago, and smoke started coming out of the steering column. I parked the car and tried starting it up and as soon as I released the key, the car shut off. Since it was smoking I figured my ignition switch burned up, so I installed a new one. Still it's doing the same thing, then just for the heck of it, I replaced the ignition control module, and the coils, still nothing. I doubt it's the pin actuator since it moves fine, and so does the ignition cylinder. I really don't know what to do

A: Hey there. This type of problem may need a ...

Hey there. This type of problem may need a little deeper and up close diagnostic to find the solution. If you saw smoke, there was something burning so there may be components along that circuit that may have failed. If you need to have a precise diagnosis, a certified mechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and pinpoint the needed repairs.