I have a 2010 Ford Explorer. There is a leak in a [coolan...

I have a 2010 Ford Explorer. There is a leak in a [coolant](/topics-coolant-ford/) pipe near the heater core intake outake pipe/hoses. It's actually a tiny hole in the pipe itself, which is dripping down at about 5 drops per secon...

I have a 2010 Ford Explorer. There is a leak in a [coolant](/topics-coolant-ford/) pipe near the heater core intake outake pipe/hoses. It's actually a tiny hole in the pipe itself, which is dripping down at about 5 drops per second when the [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) is running. Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant? It's not a hose problem. It's actually the pipe. The hoses are stock though Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes. My uncle and I are fixing it. We are sourcing the part, but we think the labor is going to be difficult. We are hoping to gain some insight from someone who has seen this problem and fixed it before. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Yes. The heater only works when the engine is running. And the leaking pipe is right next to the firewall, close to the heater core. And we confirmed that it is coolant leaking.

Automotive Expert
Hi my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you so its actually the metal heater core tube leaking?

No problemHere's a picture

Customer attachment 3/7/2021 11:08:37 PM

Customer attachment 3/7/2021 11:09:32 PM

There is a little leak in the circled area where coolant is spouting up. The hole is only about the size of aPin
Automotive Expert
ok

Customer attachment 3/7/2021 11:11:03 PM

You can see the coolant stoppage here. The yellow streaksRunning down the firewalldripping, not stoppage\*
Automotive Expert
this is what it shows it doesn't look similar

No thanks
Automotive Expert
ignore the pop-ups standby

What?Ok I got the pdf. I'm looking at it now
Automotive Expert
this is 2010?
Automotive Expert
well it's not showing that same set up so I'm going to open it up to the others

I found this off an online forum. It's a 2010 Ford [transit](/topics-transit/), but the diagram looks very much like my setupMy part looks like 6/7

Customer attachment 3/7/2021 11:19:17 PM

Ok
Automotive Expert
Hello my name is\*\*\*\*\* see that David has opted out. I believe I can assist you. Your pictures are fairly close, but it appears your Explorer is a 4.0L V6, and the steel tube on the passenger's side is leaking. Is this correct

except that it's on the passenger side
Automotive Expert
Great! Now that I understand your problem, are you looking for the part number? Advice on replacing the tube?

Both
Automotive Expert
Does the hose that attaches to the heater core connect directly to the tube that is leaking? Do you have your VIN available? If so, could you send it to me?

One secVIN:1FMEU7DE2AUA81145

Customer attachment 3/7/2021 11:45:31 PM

1) is the leak spot on the pipe. Near the T2) is where the hose goes thru the firewall
Automotive Expert
Thank you for the picture. Give me one moment to get the part information for you. The part number is **6L2Z-18C553-B.** The MSRP price is $205.22 Amazon does show one [here](https://www.amazon.com/Ford-6L2Z-18C553-B-HOSE-ASY/dp/B000NT9VFI) for about $165
Automotive Expert
Unfortunately Ford has no information on replacing the tube. Aside from have to remove a few things to make it easier to work the tube out of and back in to place it's a fairly straight forward replacement. If there is any part of the replacement that you are concerned about do not hesitate to ask!

Ok thanks man! God bless
Automotive Expert
You're welcome! Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com!