Q: First time I use my car for the day, it makes a Whining sound when you press the gas.

It seems as if after the day goes on, it goes away or it is not as noticeable. I have had the transmission fluid checked and also for a leak but no sign of that. It is noticeable when it idles but gets louder and more prevalent when you accelerate.

You may want to start by having a scan run for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This will tell you, even if no lights are on, a sensor could be picking up a bad reading. A vacuum leak will cause noises like this. Typically with a vacuum leak comes a lack of power. An exhaust leak can also cause a whining noise. This can be tested with a smoker or by a few other methods. The fact the sound is related to engine speed, you may want to inspect components related to the drive belts. The best way to narrow down the search is to try and find where the noise is coming from. Look into whatever components are in that area. If other issues start to arise, then you may want to have the vehicle’s noise inspected by a technician.

• First time I use my car for the day, it makes a Whining sound when you press the gas.