Q: Exhaust sound

I am noticing an odd very low pitch sound that sounds like it's coming from the mufflers. I recently replaced the gaskets that seal the exhaust pipes to the headers. I went with a copper gasket and it didn't seal quite right I could feel a leak when the car is running. Is it possible for this leak to resonate in the muffler causing this low sound? Or what symptoms can occur if there is an exhaust leak at this location? The header gaskets are new and completely sealed its only the connection point below that is leaking.

The leak at the header flange before the muffler can cause different types of sounds at different RPM’s of the engine - kind of like a music horn or flute. As air is blown past a hole, it will make a sound, and depending on the size of the hole and amount of air blowing across the hole, the sound will change. You can try removing the gasket and adding high temperature muffler sealer paste to the gasket before installing it. If you need help with this repair, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and help you resolve the issue.