Q: Air bag deploying

asked by on November 14, 2016

I was in the middle of a 4 car pile up years ago. My air bags did not deploy. I just received a notice for a recall for my air bag deployment capability during a crash. My question is: should my air bag gone off or could it have been from the recall?

There have been many cases of defective airbags or systems causing a fault code to be stored in the system computer. If there is a fault code stored, the air bag will not deploy because the system has been shut down due to the fault. If your airbag light was on right before the accident, this may be why the airbags did not deploy. Updates may have been done when the car was repaired and if not, your local dealer will be able to take care of any devices covered under the recall. For an issue like this the best place to go for good answers is your local dealer.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr