Q: Q: Alternator/Battery

I just recently got my alternator changed & got a new battery put in.. But when I try to put the connectors on to the battery, it doesnt let me & it sparks up.. Nothing in the car is on.

I think something got put in backwards or connected improperly but I dont know what.

I know you cant tell me much cause you're not looking directly at it but I just need an idea of what could be wrong.

Hello. Make sure you are connecting the proper cables to the proper terminals (i.e. red cable to the positive bigger terminal and black to the negative terminal). The cables will naturally spark a little at times when you are connecting them since there are electrical amperage loads in your car which are automatically re-starting when reconnecting the circuit. Take a look at our article, "How to Change Battery Cables," for more help on this subject.

3. Q: Alternator/Battery