Q: every week or so my car will crank and when I put it into drive or reverse it will shut off and crank right back t

Every week or so I crank my truck up and it will shut off when put into drive or reverse .it will do this 2 to 10 times then ride with no problems for a week or two. Cranks right up every time battery tested good ,alternator tested good ,so did starter,. Throttle positioning sensor maybe ? Need any answers on what to look at thank yoy

A: There is a technical bulletin out for your ...

There is a technical bulletin out for your 1999 Tahoe put out by Chevrolet. It’s number 00-07-30-006, 87-71-63, calling for the reprogramming of the transmission/engine program. You will need to have the dealer reprogram the vehicle for you.

Before you take the vehicle in for reprogramming have any oil-bath type of air filters removed. The oil from these type filters will contaminate the mass air sensors and cause various drive symptoms and may be one of the causes of this concern. Therefor I’d also recommend having the mass air filter and throttle body cleaned. Good luck.

Recommended services
Get a Quote