Q: Engine won't start

Engine cranks with I turn the key of the ignition, the car will not turn on

A: A number of things can cause a crank / no s...

A number of things can cause a crank / no start condition. First, you must check for the basics. Is the engine getting fuel? If not, the problem could be a bad fuel pump and/or bad fuel pressure regulator.

Is it getting spark? If not, the problem could be a bad distributor, ignition coil, or ignition control module.

If you have spark and fuel but the engine seems to crank over a little too easily, it could be a broken timing belt if it has never been changed or if the belt has not been changed in a long time.

To have this checked, have a local expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car's location to diagnose the starting issue and make the repairs necessary to get you back on the road.