Q: Q: Engine swap

I have a 1984 dodge ram 50 and i wanna know if i could fit a Cummins diesel engine in my ram 50? if so what would it take to get it to fit and work properly?

Anything is possible with enough money. There are several versions of the Cummins diesel engine, and first step would be to decide which you want to use. You will need the entire engine, transmission, engine wiring harness and all the fuel lines. Diesel rated fuel hoses must be used in a diesel system, and it’s likely your 1984 dodge fuel lines are not diesel rated. There are no bolt up kits that I know of, so special engine mounts and transmission mounts would need to be fabricated. You’ll likely have to customize some suspension parts if you want 4WD to be an option as well. Special exhaust pieces will likely need to be built to fit the engine into this body. Overall this is possible, but would be extremely expensive to have it done professionally. It would be a better investment to buy a newer diesel Dodge Ram that has the motor you already want. Custom work gets very expensive, very quickly. If you do decide to go for a newer diesel Ram, be sure to have a pre-purchase inspection done by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Engine swap