Q: Engine making a kind of choppy noise

I got my car straight piped a while back and it never really gave me trouble till recently, it doesn't always happen only when I push my car and accelerate to quickly it'll start to make the noise, when I drive normally it doesn't happen. Their is no smoke or steam coming from my car, it's completely operable. Just makes the noise.

Hi there. One of the negative drawbacks of replacing OEM exhaust systems is the noise you’re hearing. This noise is typically caused by small backfires inside the combustion chamber due to the fact that most people don’t tune the engine to match the new exhaust design. You can take your car to a BMW specialist who will most likely adjust the fuel and ignition timing to fine-tune your vehicle or you can contact a professional mechanic to inspect the vehicle’s exhaust system for any other mechanical problems that may cause damage to your vehicle.

3. Engine making a kind of choppy noise