Q: Engine miss fire at low revs

I have had my car in to a garage to get resolved miss fire on cylinders 1 and 2 they did a diagnosis and replaced spark plugs then coil packs annd no change they did rocker cover gasket injectors and eccentric shaft sensor and cheated the timing still not solved it any ideas as getting expensive now thanks

Sometimes the best way to diagnose a misfire is by switching components from cylinder to cylinder to see if the misfire moves. It can take a little time, but helps keep you from buying stuff you don’t need. If you have eliminated the ignition system as a fault, you need to look at fuel and compression. Sometimes the six cylinder BMW’s will have problems with the intake gasket that will lean the mixture out on individual cylinders at low speeds. You could also try swapping injectors from cylinder to cylinder if you’re ready to do that much work. If you think you would rather delegate this job, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to diagnose your misfire and let you know what you need to do.

3. Engine miss fire at low revs