Q: Electronic throttle control light on

The electronic throttle control light just came on. What is the problem?

Throttle Body Replacement $226.78 - $1710.92 Get a Quote

The throttle body is the part that allows and controls the entry of air into the engine. Throttle bodies have a butterfly valve inside them that opens when the gas pedal is pressed and closes when it is released. Your vehicles throttle body is controlled via computer actuating an electric motor as opposed to the older direct cable style. The most likely cause and solution is that the motor for the electronic throttle body has failed and will require replacement in order to drive the vehicle. A reset or learning procedure may be required during this repair so ensure the technician that does it is equipped with all the necessary tools.