Q: Door unlocked alarm, no power window or door lock on driver door only, interior light comes on with L turn signa

Every time I use the Left turn signal I have a driver door alarm trigger and the interior light comes on. The turn signal is still operational. When this started happening, my power door lock and power window on the driver's door stopped working. Controls for other windows and doors (located on the driver's door) still work normally. No problems with Right turn signal. I've read this is a problem with the L driver's door wiring harness, likely one of the wires connecting the door controls to the car is frayed and should be simple to fix. Is it possible to have a YourMechanic look at this and repair it (assuming this is the problem) or are mechanics required to replace the entire wiring harness (which would be much more expensive--and obviously I'd like to avoid if possible).

Hi there. In general, wiring harnesses are sold by the manufacturer as a whole harness; not individual wires. It is much easier, cost-efficient and safer to replace the entire harness if it’s determined that it is faulty and the source of your alarm / door issue. It would be best to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an electrical problems inspection though, as it’s possible that this issue is related to an error code trapped in the ECU. If this is the case, simply clearing the code will resolve the problem. If the issue is determined to be the wiring harness or an exposed wire, they can recommend and most likely complete the repairs as well.

• Door unlocked alarm, no power window or door lock on driver door only, interior light comes on with L turn signa