Q: Doing an engine swap and plug doesn't match

I am doing an engine swap on my 1996 Isuzu trooper. I am dropping in a 1998 Isuzu trooper engine and so far one plug isn't matching. I would like to know if there is a way to use an adapter of if I need to dead end and splice the wire. Removing the old harness will be nearly impossible as the old one has deteriorated too much.

Hello. An adapter for this sort of task may be difficult to find, but would likely be the simplest way to make the necessary connections without modifying the harness. If one of these is not available then the next best option would be to cut and splice the necessary connectors. This would require verifying the wiring to make sure that the connector is correctly spliced. This is even more important if the connector in question is to a sensor, or if there is more than two wires going to it. If the harness is deteriorated, I would also take a moment to carefully examine the harness for any signs of possible damage or wear, as that could potentially cause issues with the engine swap as well.