It making a funny noise when i crank it up

It making a funny noise when i crank it up Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2002 dodge stratus Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far? ...

It making a funny noise when i crank it up Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2002 dodge stratus Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes change the sparks plug but the code pop up on it p1684 Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it? P1684 i dont know how to reset it

Automotive Expert
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I'll try to answer your car questions. I'll start off with some basic checks to do, then we can get into more advanced diagnostics if needed. Let me know if any questions come up, or if there is anything I can do to help! You can update this message at anytime - I'm sorry to hear about any problem with the car, but would be glad to try and help! - Please update the message with the VIN of the vheicle, and I'll look up the diag/repair procedures for the code being shown. Usually that code indicates the [battery](/topics-battery-dodge/) being disconnected. You will need a snap on/mac tools type scanner to check the transmission computer for codes and clear the code that is currently setting. Lemme know if youre seeing any other codes setting in any of the other modules on the car. - For noise concern, please send a short video clip of the noise that youre hearing and I'll be glad to take a look and make recommendations. May need to use electronic chassis ears or stethoscope to help pinpoint the noise, and having it off the ground may also help find the source of the noise. - Lemme know what youre seeing or if any questions come up while checking things out!

vin \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\* now it won't start
Automotive Expert
Sounds like a problem with the transmission computer. Attaching wiring diagrams for the module to the message to help with repair, may need to be on PC platform to view attachments. If youre able to get a snap on/mac tools type scanner on it, and cant communicate with the transmission control module, let's check the power and ground circuits and connections to the transmission computer. If all inputs are correct and that code is setting, may need to replace the module. Transmission module will communicate the range sensor input to the engine computer and may not be allowing the starter to engage if the input isn't being seen correctly. Lemme know what youre seeing, or if any questions come up while checking things out!