Q: Dodge Caliber airbag light keeps coming on.

The airbag light comes on when I turn left or right and stays on for about 5-10 seconds and then goes off. Is this a serious issue or just a connector that's come loose? Have not had any major problems with the car in the past 10 years I've owned it.

The air bag clockspring in the steering column could be faulty. As you turn the clockspring may be creating an open circuit. If the problem is only occurring on turns, I would suspect that possibility first as opposed to, say, an air bag controller issue. You should have the fault repaired as air bags are useful safety features. The air bag has to be disabled during the repair (for safety reasons, it is disconnected during the repair because you don’t want it inadvertently deploying) and so this should be left to a professional for your own safety. To schedule a diagnostic and repair please request a warning light diagnostic - airbag and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Dodge Caliber airbag light keeps coming on.