Q: Do I need to replace the engine?

My valves are clanking very badly. The mechanic I got an opinion from says I need to replace the engine. Is this true?

If the upper part of the engine is noisey then you may have lack of oil getting to the camshaft and the lifters. You may need to have the oil pressure checked to see if the engine is getting oil pressure and if the pressure is low then you may have damaged internal bearings and would need to overhaul or replace the motor. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic give a second opinion for the need to replace the engine.

3. Do I need to replace the engine?