Q: Do I need to replace the engine?

My valves are clanking very badly. The mechanic I got an opinion from says I need to replace the engine. Is this true?

3. Do I need to replace the engine?

Q: My oil pressure a lot lower than normal

More than likely, this is an oil pressure sending unit issue, rather than an engine internals issue. The most straightforward way to check this is to put a trusted pressure gauge on the oil system, preferably plugged into where the...

Q: My truck threw a rod, should i consider a crate engine to replace it with, or just a regular engine.

The question you should ask yourself is how much of a budget you are having for your vehicle. The difference between a crate engine and a new engine is that the crate engine will come with all of the parts...

Q: Whenever we start the van every now and then, it won't start on the first time. and then it will on the second time.

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are a couple of possibilities. If the problem is lack of cranking the engine over, the problem could be a worn ignition switch, starter solenoid or starter - due to burned contacts in any...