Q: Check Engine light code P0430

I am getting a Check Engine light code P0430.

Your vehicle has groups of sensors that take readings and report back to the engine computer to make adjustments, or report an error; in this case, we’re dealing with oxygen and/or air/fuel-ratio sensors.

The code P0430 indicates a failure in the system that measures the oxygen level in exhaust gases. It’s likely that your sensors have determined the catalyst to be at fault, unless there was an incorrect reading.

I would suggest having a mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, review the system data generated by the Check Engine light, and determine the location of the fault.