Q: Dashboard warning light

During my arrival at home I got a yellow steering warning light. It wasn't flashing, it was solid. What should I do now, please help

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. First, check tha...

Hi, thanks for writing in. First, check that the lever under the steering column for the tilt mechanism is locked securely in place. If it is, then the steering system should be inspected and diagnosed. Depending on which model your car is, it may be equipped with electric power steering. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect the steering system for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.