Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1vany56js:173:8

Q: dashboard lights and stalling problem

My dashboard lights haven't been working very well lately. They are getting worse every week. When I turn the key to the on position my dash lights will come on, but other times it can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 40 minutes to come on. They don’t come on when I try to start my car and it only cranks, starts for a few seconds then stalls. I bought a new battery, a new GM ignition switch, new GM ignition passlock – just the sleeve that goes over the ignition key. I tried programming the car by following the GM guide. Then I started my car and kept the key in the on position until the security light went out, but that light never went out. I had the car on in the on position for 40 minutes. So nothing has helped my car start any faster. I ordered a GM passlock security bypass kit. I wonder if this will help. Do you what could be causing this, and how I can fix it? It's so frustrating!

A: Hello there, it sounds like you have a few ...

Hello there, it sounds like you have a few issues going on with your 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva. For the dashboard lights, there are a few possible causes such as the dashboard light wiring failing, lights themselves wearing out, or an ignition switch fault. For the car starting then stalling, there are a few possible causes such as the fuel pump, battery, MAP sensor, crank sensor, or a wiring fault. If you need help having this all figured out, an expert from YourMechanic can diagnose your dashboard light problem and stalling issue in order to have these issues corrected.