Q: cracked radiator

i have a water leak due to a small crack on the plastic top part of my radiator is there anything I can do to fix it without buying a whole new radiator

Depending on the exact location of the crack, there are epoxies, fillers, and putties that can be somewhat to very successful in repairing cracks or holes in radiators. Any auto parts store will be able to guide you in selecting a product that will have a reasonable chance of working. If using a filler though you just want to be aware that any material forced into a whole or crack, if it breaks off inside the radiator and gets entrained in the coolant can cause a blockage elsewhere in the system. So, you have to evaluate the circumstances and make sure that you can fix the problem without creating a new one. Radiators are not hugely expensive and frankly if it is broken, you might endure less aggravation and less cost by just simply buying a new one, in comparison to experimenting with various repair products. If the radiator has to be replaced because it leaks, that replacement can be performed right at your location (without moving the car) by a mobile mechanic. If you desire that service, please request radiator replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. cracked radiator