Q: Sluggish acceleration

My car is very sluggish when accelerating. When I give a small push to the gas pedal, the RPMs go crazy.

A: From the description provided, it appears t...

From the description provided, it appears that you are experiencing transmission problems when accelerating your Mini Cooper. There can be a variety of reasons for this to happen, such as low fluid, a failing shift solenoid or even internal damage to the transmission itself. To be 100% certain with what is going on with your Mini, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and go over your Mini Cooper with you. They will have the tools and knowledge necessary to determine exactly why your Mini Cooper is behaving sluggish. They will also be able to assist you in making the repairs necessary to get your Mini Cooper running in tip top shape and worry free.