Q: Could my oil pump failure have been caused by piston ring wear/excessive oil consumption?

Could my oil pump failure have been caused by piston ring wear/excessive oil consumption? Because then it would be covered under the recall that was issued for that and how would I find out if that’s the cause

The oil pump gets a constant supply of oil from the oil pan and oil in the engine and would not fail due to piston rings from excessive oil consumption unless you ran the engine real low on oil and it starved the oil supply to the pump.

3. Could my oil pump failure have been caused by piston ring wear/excessive oil consumption?