Q: Car idling rough in park and drive

When I am sitting in my car while it is idling in park, and I turn on the AC, the car shakes and feels like it is losing power. It also shakes while my car is idling in drive. And then when I accelerate, the engine sounds different than before.

A: It sounds like you have a bad engine mount....

It sounds like you have a bad engine mount. Engine mounts are constructed of a solid rubber over metal, and are in place to dampen the vibrations from the engine to the car. When the mounts wear out, the vibrations can’t be dampened. I think there are 4 mounts on your vehicle. A trained professional will need to put the engine under torque to see which mounts are bad and need replacing. They will be able to diagnose your car’s rough idle and determine exactly what repairs are needed.