Q: ESP lighting is on

asked by on November 10, 2016

ESP is lighting on and also the brack pedal is not lighting

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The ESP light is handled by the ABS controller. If you scan the ABS controller with computer scanner you can get the error codes that are stored and begin troubleshooting. Most likely a wheel speed sensor has failed and is causing the ESP light to come on the dash.

Also, check the ABS controller for any loose connections to the wiring and make sure that there are no leaks. If you need further help with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist you with the ABS system.