Q: Connecting wires from my battery to my starter.

I'm trying to rewire my engine as my old wires gave out. I can't find anywhere online what wires go where. The ones in question are the positive side running from battery to the starter and the negative/ground wire running from the battery to somewhere either on the starter or near it. I get no clicking or anything when trying to start my car. All my electronics work on the inside. The only issue I have is my starter not engaging. The starter did test fine and is relatively new. My battery and alternator also are fine. Engine oil level is good, fuel level is good.

The starter case is typically the ground return, so if you attach an appropriate sized ground to the engine block/transmission and body you should be fine. There is a heavy supply wire (positive cable) to a large ring terminal on the starter. The low current, 12 volt control wires to the solenoid are wired to the ignition switch circuit and that circuit configuration is diagrammed in the factory service manual. Inasmuch as it sounds like you have made some repairs, the colors (wire coding) may have changed and so I suggest you schedule an electrical circuit/component diagnostic to get this resolved. The responding certified mechanic will have access to the factory diagram and will simply restore the wiring to its original configuration based on that diagram and then do a check out for you to make sure the starter circuit functions reliably. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Connecting wires from my battery to my starter.