Q: Compressor and belt broke should I fix it?

My compressor and belt broke, and I need to fix the back brakes. Do you think this car is worth fixing with 260k miles? Everything else is good. Thanks for your assistance.

That is a very good question to consider with a car that has this many miles. Mileage aside, the rest of the car needs to be taken into account. Are there other items that need to be repaired? Has the car been taken care of well? The cost of the air conditioning will be the largest bill. What the total bill will be I am not certain. This will depend on where you live and who fixes the car. We are cheaper than most everyone with high quality technicians, so I recommend getting a quote from us to help you make your decision.

In most cases though, these two repairs will cost as much as the value of the car. Some take only cost into consideration. I extend this evaluation to how many more miles you can get out of the car with these repairs. This greatly depends on the condition of course. Also, what is more affordable for you? The purchase of another car or the repair of this one.

The final decision should include details from all of these factors and likely more.

If you should need further help with this, I recommend creating an online quote for the following repairs. AC compressor replacement and Brake shoe replacement.

Good luck!

3. Compressor and belt broke should I fix it?