chevy impala 2013. car locks and unlocks, then service tr...

Q: chevy impala 2013. car locks and unlocks, then service traction and stabilitrak come on. What is the root of problem?

asked by on November 16, 2017

I just got my car in september. It was not showing any problems. The mileage was around 90000. I did not experience any problems until a couple weeks ago. I noticed my car doors would start to lock and unlock by themsevles. Ones that happened the message stabilitrak / traction control would appear with the engine light on. I tried to turn the traction off for a couple seconds as well as the car.This has happened twice. Both times i was sitting in the parking lot with my car running in park mode. I just need to know how much would it cost to fix it and what could it be. Could it be the sensors or what. Please help

Since you have a check engine light on with other problems noted then I suggest you get the system scanned to get the stored codes to see if a sensor or wiring problem is cause of problem. Your vehicle is known to have electrical connection issues in all connectors to modules due to fretting corrosion in connections and will need further diagnosis to isolate and locate problems.