Air conditioner not working

Air conditioner not working Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level? No, I'm on my way back from Wisconsin to Kentucky. Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2014 silverado...

Air conditioner not working Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level? No, I'm on my way back from Wisconsin to Kentucky. Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2014 silverado 1500 4dr Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far? Says it's 82 out and we're like to get back home Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Just what I can do to that might be the problem

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be glad to assist you with this air conditioning problem. If you can check to see if the A/C compressor clutch is engaging when you turn the air conditioning on, that will let you know if you have enough refrigerant in the system. If the clutch doesn't engage, then your A/C could be low on refrigerant or you could have an electrical problem with the control head, one of the sensors or the BCM. If the clutch engages, then your problem is more than likely related to the temperature blend door actuator under the the dash. It could be faulty, or there could be an interruption in the electrical signals that command the actuator. Either way, there is very little you will be able to do without specific test equipment and an intimate knowledge of how the computer systems and electronics on your truck work.

Okay, I forgot to mention that I had this same problem last July up in michigan when it was in the 90's. The cooling fans kicked in high and the air shut off. On the way to a chevy dealer it went back to working and they said they couldn't do anything if it's working. It did it again a week later and now 3 months later.
Automotive Expert
Phone call session started
Automotive Expert
I wish you well on this repair. Thank you for the phone call. I hope my information helps.

I just checked. The pulley is not kicking in.
Automotive Expert
So that means you have an electrical problem with the compressor controls, or the refrigerant has leaked out. Did you try unplugging and reconnecting the pressure switch?
Automotive Expert
There is a compressor clutch relay in the fuse box under the hood. It should be marked on the lid of the fuse box. Try tapping on it with the [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) running and the A/C turned on to see if that works. Don't hit it hard. Just tap it with something like a screwdriver blade or knife blade.

Okay
Automotive Expert
:)

Excellent advice, very professional
Automotive Expert
Thank you.