Q: Check gauge light is on. Air stops cooling

The check gauge light comes on and the ac stops cooling. Recently had work done on ac

The Check Gauge Light comes on to prompt you to look at one of the gauges that is high, such as the coolant gauge for the engine overheating. If the A/C has stopped cooling, then you may have a cooling system problem with the engine. You will need to check the engine for a defective cooling fan clutch and look for potential cooling system leaks. You may want to have the recent work you had done checked by the person who serviced your car. If you would like to have an independent mechanic take a look, an expert technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your AC system and pinpoint any faults.