Q: Check Gauge light came on. Amps on gauge dropped to zero on gauge

The check Gauges light came on. Gauge on battery dropped to zero. Changed Altenator which was bad. Still does same thing. Battery is good and new Altenator is good. What else could cause this problem

Hi There, It sounds like you may have an issue with your voltage regulator. This is a unit that regulates the amperage that the alternator sends to the battery effectively making sure that the battery maintains the proper charging. When this is not working correctly, this may cause the battery to be overcharged or undercharged (in your case). You may also possibly have a faulty amperage gauge producing an incorrect reading. If the vehicle runs for an extended period of time (more than an hour or so) with this reading at zero, it is likely that you may have a faulty gauge. Normally, if the battery is very weak and is not being charged by the alternator, the vehicle may only run for about an hour at most before shutting down. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your truck.

3. Check Gauge light came on. Amps on gauge dropped to zero on gauge