Q: Check engine light on and VSC is also on

I am getting vibrations. I went to AutoZone to check the codes, it says coil pack in third cylinder should be replaced. I changed it with the help of a local mechanic guy. He asked me to change the spark plugs and also the coil. We bought the parts and I don't know whether he changed the parts or not. I left my car at his home and he told me the next day that he has to change the radiator too because the antifreeze was leaking and I was there when he was replacing the radiator. After all of that, I started my car, vibrations didn't go and also check engine light is on. Don't know what to do now

A: Hi, thank you for writing in. Diagnostic Tr...

Hi, thank you for writing in. Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), the codes that can be downloaded and read when your Check Engine Light comes on, do not identify the exact parts that need replacement. DTC's are simply "good clues" that provide an indication of where (what system) to look at to find a fault. But any part looked at has to be separately evaluated and tested before it is condemned. To diagnose you car now and give you an indication of where the problem may lie, we would need the codes that are still being reported. Also, keep in mind, the vibration you are experiencing could be unrelated to any codes even as there may still be an issue with one cylinder. Weak motor mounts, cylinder compression imbalance, valve defects, and many other faults can cause vibration. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements. Once you have an accurate diagnosis, you will be able to understand your cost to get your car running properly again.