Q: Check engine light came on and got a code p0015. I didn't notice anything while driving.

I have not noticed anything while driving so I'm not sure how critical this issue is to fix and what the issue even is. I was told by online research that it has something to do with the cam engine variable solenoid but I'm not 100% sure. Is there anything that i should check before purchasing a part and what most likely happened and what should i replace? Thanks

A: Hi there. When getting the code P0015, the...

Hi there. When getting the code P0015, the main thing to check is to verify the operation of the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) solenoid. This solenoid is operated by the oil pressure in the engine. If the oil in the engine is dirty, then the solenoid could plug up and stop working. Check the harness to the solenoid and make sure that its free from debris and moisture. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your engine with the code P0015, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.