Q: check emission system and burning smell 2010 Acura TSX

asked by on December 05, 2016

lights came on in this order: check charging system water temperature hot burning smell check emission system check VSA system

Hello - you have multiple, unrelated problems here. The Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system may only have a problem with a wheel speed sensor, a common problem with electronic stability and anti-skid brake systems. The emissions and "burning smell" problem will require a more extensive check of engine codes and possible failures like a stuck exhaust gas recirculation valve. I would recommend a engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.