Q: The motor won't shift and is making a whistling sound when I hit the throttle

I was leaving gas station and my truck was making a whistling sound and won't shift and if I get going at a good speed it slows down and power cuts out a little and it like kicks when I get doing to fast I have a 4.6 litre triton v8 and it's never happened before

Knowing the year,make, model, existing mileage, and what type of transmission you have (manual or automatic) is essential when trying to assist you with diagnosing your drivability concerns on your Ford Truck. A whistling sound when hitting the throttle is a sign of a vacuum leak and can be the cause of your vehicle’s lack of shifting and power.

There are many vacuum lines on this engine and there are a few common vacuum leaks associated with this engine. I would recommend enlisting the help of a certified technician to come by and diagnose this whistling noise. They will have the tools and knowledge needed to identify where the whistling noise is coming from and make the repairs needed to eliminate the vacuum leak.

3. The motor won't shift and is making a whistling sound when I hit the throttle