Q: Charging problem.

Battery light comes on when driving at low speeds and doesn't go off. Then when you try to start it the next day, car won't start! I replaced battery, serpentine belt, belt tensioner, starter, alternator, electrical on ignition switch.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be pote...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be potentially a grounding issue with your battery or alternator. Check to be sure they are properly grounded with the ground wire being securely fastened to metal (i.e. the chassis of the vehicle). This may also be related to the voltage regulator which is a unit that is responsible for maintaining the appropriate voltage and charge to the battery via the alternator. When this is not working properly, this can cause the battery to not take the correct charge and cause the alternator to work harder than normal.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.