Q: changed my ignition on a 2005 Yukon GMC now I can't get the car to start and stay on

I returned home from a two month Trip to find my car's ignition locked I changed it out, not easily had to drill it out, it was completely completely locked I drilled it out and changed it reconnected all the wiring and now the car won't stay on it'll turn over and start and act as if it wants to go but it dies within a couple of seconds I sprayed some fuel in the fuel pump and it helps keep it on for a few seconds longer but as soon as it was used up and I stop spraying it died again what could that be

You have to do the "re-learn" procedure for the ignition switch. The ignition switch/cylinder is part of the anti-theft system. When you replace a key or ignition switch/lock cylinder, you must do this procedure in order for the vehicle to learn and code the new part. I’ve kept this link from my.cardone.com in my files for such things. This should help you out with the procedure.

3. changed my ignition on a 2005 Yukon GMC now I can't get the car to start and stay on