Q: Change or repair engine

Good body and interior but 2 bad cylinders in engine, is it cheaper to repair or replace with rebuilt engine if going to keep car., over 10000+ miles on original motor

Hello. In most cases, it is more cost effective to install a rebuilt or even a new "crate" motor, than to repair a seriously damaged engine as you describe. The economies of scale for new engines have lowered the cost of new engines, while labor and machining costs to rebuild an engine have increased. Differences in warranty may also be important to you in considering this choice as well. A new "crate" engine (literally comes in a crate) will have a longer warranty than a rebuilt engine. It all depends on your needs and budget.